UK-SSGTI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

starting problems and revs drops down...!!

3 posters

Go down

starting problems and revs drops down...!! Empty starting problems and revs drops down...!!

Post  TheoGti 01/09/10, 08:58 pm

Hi my friends and i have a Mk3 swift Gti..92 model..! so lets go..

i have idling probles when i am in a traffic especially when i have turned lights and fog lihts on
sometimes.my revs drop down.and upagain..the engine seems to be switch off.
i checked the alternator its ok..i changed the cold start valve and i recalibrating the tps...

Problems:

1. Turn on accessories, fuel pump kicks in (makes a noise), crank the engine & 99% of the time won't start unless the accelerator receives a light tap (like a carby engine).

2. In traffic the engine revs drop & sometimes fluctuate in time with the indicator, radio cuts on & off, but suspect these are electrical & believe separate to the original problem.

3.when the radiator fan switch on the revs drops extremely down..with lights on.

4.cold start its about.2700rpm.!!!!!

i think that is the isc solenoid valve...what to you think??

Last edited by TheoGti on 02/09/10, 08:54 am; edited 1 time in total

TheoGti

Back to top Go down

starting problems and revs drops down...!! Empty Re: starting problems and revs drops down...!!

Post  Miniswift 01/09/10, 10:49 pm

Hi,

You could be running bit lean and low idle speed.
When was last time you checked gap of your spark plug?
What rev is your engine set at the mo?

It could be what you said but check above 2 might help, also.

Cheers
Atchi

Miniswift

Back to top Go down

starting problems and revs drops down...!! Empty Re: starting problems and revs drops down...!!

Post  TheoGti 01/09/10, 11:50 pm

my spark plugs that i have was about 50.000km.its about (30.000miles).

but its ngk iridium..and was about to change in 80.000km.(48.000miles)

however.i checked the gap in all 4 sparkplugs and they have right colour and the correct gap.

my rev now..when its hot 900rpm but in a traffic jam and with electric load on drops goes about 600rpm.suddenly,and then up again with a little pressure on pedal acceleration.

PS: i have not problem when my car accelerates..it runs very well with normal gazoline range.!

TheoGti

Back to top Go down

Post  stevieh6 02/09/10, 12:37 am

it is normal for the revs to drop when electrical accesseries are turned on, especially the rad fan, you might want to try turning the revs up a tiny bit with the idle screw so they dont drop so low.
stevieh6
stevieh6

Back to top Go down

Post  TheoGti 02/09/10, 07:54 am

300rpm lower when the accessories put them on...is that true??the lights becomes lower and lower.if i idle the revs a little up.with accessories off i have 1100.rpm.is that true??i dont think so..!!the car its mine and i havefor about 3 years,i never had this problem and i never pushed the pedal accelerate to start on.!

its definitely...something goes wrong!!

TheoGti

Back to top Go down

Post  TheoGti 06/09/10, 02:11 pm

i found it for high revs...i had a bad dashpot assy..!!
i changed with new one.about 20euros..kai its ok...!

for lights i bought new battery..and thats ok..!!

my car runs well.!

TheoGti

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down