UK-SSGTI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exhaust.

3 posters

Go down

Exhaust. Empty Exhaust.

Post  DonStule 02/04/08, 04:50 pm

I have plans for new exhaust for my GTI. I have a original MK2 swift GTI.
I wonder what size is the best? 2" or 2,5"? And where and how many mufflers? Is important to have som resistance in the exhaust since my car is totaly original at the moment. The chatalic converter is aiming for the trashcan! No need for that!
DonStule
DonStule

Character sheet
first car: 5

Back to top Go down

Exhaust. Empty Re: Exhaust.

Post  IanJ 02/04/08, 07:03 pm

U could try mijperformance exhausts they will create a sytem best for u and u get to chose design and even sound regarding your question im not totally sure u could always follow bigger is better theory lol
IanJ
IanJ

Character sheet
first car: Suzuki Swift GSI

Back to top Go down

Exhaust. Empty exhaust

Post  DonStule 02/04/08, 10:03 pm

IanJ wrote:U could try mijperformance exhausts they will create a sytem best for u and u get to chose design and even sound regarding your question im not totally sure u could always follow bigger is better theory lol

I aggre that the biggest is not the best! I will weld the whole exhaust system my self, but if someone have a tip or two how to make the best of it, i would be werry pleased Very Happy
Mabye mijperformance could give me some tips? Tanks mate Very Happy
DonStule
DonStule

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Exhaust. Empty RE: EXHAUST

Post  AA34S 04/04/08, 09:32 pm

I totally agree with ianj that biggest is not best lol! It's about balance, if you've got some super f*** off turbo system pushing out super bhp figures then a large bore system will be the one to go for because having got the air in and then mixed it with fuel you need to get the exhaust gases out. I think I remember that the basic rule of thumb used to be that your exhaust size should be close to your inlet system size. so 2 inch is gonna be good for most N/A applications unless you go really wild.
also dont throw your cat in the bin as you may need the section of pipe that it's in as a pattern or to modify as most shop bought systems are cat back and dont start until they're halfway down the car.
hope this helps. edd.
AA34S
AA34S

Back to top Go down

Post  DonStule 04/04/08, 10:50 pm

smart rule of thumb indeed. I think i will go for the 2" exhaust. A smaal muffler in the middle and a muffler at the werry end. no cat and a brand new headers:) Thanks for your help Very Happy
DonStule
DonStule

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down