UK-SSGTI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pistons for high compression engine build HELP ME

+2
Almondo74
jesseswiftgti
6 posters

Go down

Pistons for high compression engine build HELP ME Empty Pistons for high compression engine build HELP ME

Post  jesseswiftgti 03/01/11, 04:05 pm

hey everyone aint really posted on here before, Im going to rebuild my engine with new bottom end shells etc as its done nearly 100k now but, people that turbo there honda civics etc tend to use suzuki vitara pistons for low compression same as in the g13b engine so surely i could use honda pistons in my rebuild as there are cheap as chips for honda's on suzuki rd its like £400 for a set on honda sites and ebay you can get them for half that, d-series pistons are 75mm and swift are 74mm so obviously need to get the block bored by 1mm but that wont hurt be nice and fresh then, just want to know if they fit on the conrods etc
jesseswiftgti
jesseswiftgti

Character sheet
first car: 5

Back to top Go down

Pistons for high compression engine build HELP ME Empty Re: Pistons for high compression engine build HELP ME

Post  Almondo74 03/01/11, 07:10 pm

think they will fit just need to be modified

100k aint alot of miles, a m8 had 1 that done over 200k.
cultus pistons are slightly higher comp than gti aswell
Almondo74
Almondo74

Character sheet
first car: Swift GL

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001716634958

Back to top Go down

Pistons for high compression engine build HELP ME Empty Re: Pistons for high compression engine build HELP ME

Post  jesseswiftgti 04/01/11, 12:59 am

Yeh man well cultus gti's are shit only like 14 bhp more than normal gti engine dont no why everyone wanks over them so much, aparently d16a9 pistons from the non vtec crx/civic 88-91 fit once you get the block bored to 75mm and so say give you round about 12-5-1 compression with them, if the 75mm vitara pistons fit into d-series hondas without any mods they should fit onto swift gti conrods ok i guess, i got lighten underdrive pulley, 4-1 manifold, streight through exhaust, super chip , 60mm tb just want more power ,want 150 bhp from a NA, rebuild with high compression and get some nice cams then should be alot better , really need ITB's when i can work out how you get around engine management etc
jesseswiftgti
jesseswiftgti

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Almondo74 04/01/11, 12:04 pm

have a look on teamswift or redline gti, Search before u make a new topic and ask already answered questions cus they get pissed off about it.
im sure i read before the rod or the piston need modifing slightly
Almondo74
Almondo74

Character sheet
first car: Swift GL

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001716634958

Back to top Go down

Post  jesseswiftgti 04/01/11, 03:12 pm

yeh man i have been looking on all the forums Very Happy
jesseswiftgti
jesseswiftgti

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  hobo 04/01/11, 04:13 pm

why don't you just put it on carbs?
hobo
hobo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  jesseswiftgti 04/01/11, 05:02 pm

Basicly i need to build a new engine anyway so might aswell put some high comp pistons in cus there cheap etc, but i would like to run it on carbs or itb's but i dont have a clue about engine management etc how to get them running, i got sr60 tb and bored inlet i can use, used it on my old swift didnt really do fuck all though got a bored out maf to like 49mm aswell but that just makes car run like shit, only good thing about sr60 set up sounds sick and feels slightly more torquey
jesseswiftgti
jesseswiftgti

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  hobo 05/01/11, 10:06 am

with carbs im pretty sure you can run some sort of management system
hobo
hobo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  jesseswiftgti 05/01/11, 08:17 pm

iv just baught some pistons zc ones going to work out how to make them work
jesseswiftgti
jesseswiftgti

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Nikolas85gr 05/04/11, 10:01 pm

The Cultus GTi engine is not just more powerful than the Swift GTi one!
It uses lighter crankshaft compared to the Swift on,the overall potential of the engine is much much better.The pistons can withstand a lot more power and compression than the Swift ones!Imagine that the Swift ones can hold up to 11:1 CR while the Cultus up to 13:1 with no problem!Also,the valvetrain is different!The valves etc are the same but the valve springs are stiffer and so do the tappets springs so that they can with stand higher revving.
As for pistons etc,i don't know if you know the company there but there's a greek one called DP-Motorsports.They are based here in Greece and they build custom engine parts.From crankshafts up to complete engine blocks!!
If you want off the self parts i 'd look out for JE,Ross or even better Iappel ones.But i would stay away from WOSSNER ones!!Their pistons' pins tend to brake!!!!!!!Trust me i 've learned that twice on my Baleno SOHC engine!!!!

Nikolas85gr

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator 06/04/11, 05:54 pm

Nikolas85gr wrote:The Cultus GTi engine is not just more powerful than the Swift GTi one!
It uses lighter crankshaft compared to the Swift
do you know how much?
it cant be that much, nothing you couldnt achive knife-edging the counter weights i guess

gary

dominator

Character sheet
first car: renult 5 ts (1.7!)

Back to top Go down

Post  yunik 08/04/11, 09:17 am

Honda pistons info P/N:

trademark: NPR
P/N: 10-502-STD W/RING
13101-P29-000 S
Appl: D16A1
Diameter: 75.00

what you think about these? quality?

yunik

Character sheet
first car: Swift GTI

Back to top Go down

Post  jesseswiftgti 08/04/11, 03:11 pm

it seems like to much hassle to use honda pistons etc gti conrods are to fat so you need to machine pistons to fit and then problem they dont have circlips so then need to machine the grooves in for them seems to bait, think im going to just use cultus pistons and get the head skimmed a bit aswell
jesseswiftgti
jesseswiftgti

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  yunik 08/04/11, 09:17 pm

just reply in real time when you got them, prices, where... I'm thinking in do it soon but here it's too hard to find something of cultus...

yunik

Character sheet
first car: Swift GTI

Back to top Go down

Post  jesseswiftgti 09/04/11, 11:02 pm

strider gets all cultus engine parts he has 3 complete cultus engines for sale at the moment
jesseswiftgti
jesseswiftgti

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down