UK-SSGTI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big boost ready engine build concept... for a tight budget builder like me!

Go down

Big boost ready engine build concept... for a tight budget builder like me! Empty Big boost ready engine build concept... for a tight budget builder like me!

Post  Miniswift 09/03/13, 10:18 pm

Hi,

I'm hoping to build an engine with a bigger liners.
Rover K-series engine has 75 and 80mm as standard bore, so it might be a good starting point.

I have checked few bits and bobs.
K-sereis 1.4 engine used to come with 2 different types of liners but both of them 75mm bore.
Both of them has 82mm OD at lower section but top has 87mm.
Older liner has 87mm bit which is 6mm from top may suit better than the other type which has almost approx.40mm from top is 87mm.

Big boost ready engine build concept... for a tight budget builder like me! 8540119722_bea19fac83

Small lip liner is stronger one as my friend has been running "BIG" boost with it. I think he said almost as much as 30psi Shocked . Bigger lip is the one you can buy on ebay.

What I would like to know is which type will be better for my application?
Bigger lip, I will have to machine a lot and will take out block deeper but it will have a good location and hopefully strong top end. But these are poorer quality material compares to small lip liners.

If I go for small lip ones, I can only get them in 2nd hand.

Cheers
Atchi

Miniswift

Back to top Go down