UK-SSGTI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can i fit 4 door sills on the 3 door?

3 posters

Go down

can i fit 4 door sills on the 3 door? Empty can i fit 4 door sills on the 3 door?

Post  spoon 29/10/12, 11:57 pm

hi all, i can't find any 3 door replacement sills for the swift only the 4 door so i was just wondering if there is any chance of getting the 4 door sills to fit the 3 door?

spoon

Back to top Go down

can i fit 4 door sills on the 3 door? Empty Re: can i fit 4 door sills on the 3 door?

Post  STEVEGTI 30/10/12, 12:57 am

i think you can with a bit of cutting have also read that fiesta mk3 are similar all trial and error

steve
STEVEGTI
STEVEGTI
Admin

Character sheet
first car: suzuki swift gti

http://www.uk-ssgti.com

Back to top Go down

can i fit 4 door sills on the 3 door? Empty Re: can i fit 4 door sills on the 3 door?

Post  gtpswift 30/10/12, 07:13 am

they will fit at the bottom where they meet the floor panel and A pillar, you will need to cut out the b pillar base and where the rear inner arch meets fromthe 4 door donar. Id section both just below the upper/outer lip and weld along there and fix it with plug welds along the floor panel. I imagine the rust is at the floor panel seam and not up the top edges.

GTP

gtpswift

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down