UK-SSGTI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

throttle bodies

+2
jesseswiftgti
hobo
6 posters

Go down

throttle bodies  Empty throttle bodies

Post  hobo 06/09/11, 10:02 pm

how much of an effort is this to do and would i need an engine managment system?
hobo
hobo

Character sheet
first car: 5

Back to top Go down

throttle bodies  Empty Re: throttle bodies

Post  jesseswiftgti 07/09/11, 08:22 pm

yes
jesseswiftgti
jesseswiftgti

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  typhoon 10/10/11, 08:33 pm

its a piece of piss to actually fit them and yes ideally you really need engine management but you should be able to get round it by going down the dastek unichip route which will be a hell of a lot cheaper

typhoon
typhoon

Back to top Go down

Post  hobo 10/10/11, 08:50 pm

what are the actual gains of it?
hobo
hobo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  typhoon 10/10/11, 08:52 pm

well on there own not a lot but if your fitting them along with other mods then quite a lot

you cant expect to just fit bodies and get huge gains on their own,you need head work and cams to get the best gains

typhoon
typhoon

Back to top Go down

Post  STEVEGTI 10/10/11, 08:56 pm

you can fit throttle bodies with a plenum leading to a bored maf and use a fpr and a safc 2 to get it going ok but managment is best

steve
STEVEGTI
STEVEGTI
Admin

Character sheet
first car: suzuki swift gti

http://www.uk-ssgti.com

Back to top Go down

Post  typhoon 10/10/11, 09:01 pm

why would you fit throttle bodies with all of that stuff as well? kind of defeats the object doesnt it. surely the idea of fitting throttle bodies is to do away with all that stuff?

other thing you will need is different injectors and a different fuel rail readily available from the likes of jenvey.best way is to fit the injectors in the throttle bodies themselves but bike throttle bodies wont allow you to do that without machining the bodies themselves.if your sticking with the original ecu then you can of course use your original injectors

changes like this arent unfortunately easy
typhoon
typhoon

Back to top Go down

Post  STEVEGTI 10/10/11, 10:00 pm

i wouldent but he dont wanna spend alot of money and thats a way around it you could use stock rail and injectors as they bolt to head intake doesent really effect it stock rail can be modded easilt for a fpr

steve
STEVEGTI
STEVEGTI
Admin

Character sheet
first car: suzuki swift gti

http://www.uk-ssgti.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator 11/10/11, 09:59 am

My setup will be using the std fuel rail an inj, if they are man enough that is
Ecu £600 itbs £50 and rr sesh £400ish, it aint cheap by any means but its the last thing il be doing to this engine

Gary

dominator

Character sheet
first car: renult 5 ts (1.7!)

Back to top Go down

Post  Miniswift 11/10/11, 11:32 am

Hi,

I have been told it gives better top end.
I have read in CCC magazibe long time ago about bike carbs on 1300 Micra.
It was strugle to reach 7000rpm in 5th gear but after fitting it, it was like a different car.
Their comment was fitting quad carbs are like ITBs without laptop.

Some of bike TBs come with injectors with FPR already fitted. So like Gary said, you can get them cheap but ECU and RR will cost money. If you have camshafts already fitted, you will be alright.
I think ports in G13B head is good but exhaust side is what you need to work on. At least bring it to match the head gasket by opening up.

I'm hoping to have 135Bhp with slightly polished inlet side with port matched exhaust side. Group A camshafts, Std exhaust manfoold with better down pipe. In Oz, there was a guy who carried out similar mod and got 130. My modification is more than his.

So, fitting ITBs will make difference and may be able to get 20% more power.... I think.
Gary's will be the test bed!

Cheers
Atchi

Miniswift

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator 11/10/11, 04:31 pm

Cheers atchi, duno bout test bed but im sure il be getting some good results from my setup which wont be happening till the spring, Iv got a gls shell to strip and prep before that
Basicly if you want it done cheap get some bike carbs and mk1 dizzy, just dont expect the drivability of itbs

dominator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  typhoon 11/10/11, 05:43 pm

cant see the point in still using standard parts if your going to the trouble of fitting throttle bodies.

incidently ive got a set of 35mm bodies off a BMW K100 and manifold for sale at £350 ono if anyones interested,comes with TPS but you will need to get or adapt a new fuel rail

engines they were fitted to made 142 and 135bhp with fairly mild cams
typhoon
typhoon

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator 11/10/11, 06:26 pm

typhoon wrote:cant see the point in still using standard parts if your going to the trouble of fitting throttle bodies.

why not?
iv already modded the fuel rail for aftermarket fpr and the gti injectors are suposed to be good for 200hp
so why complicate things with different injectors and the like, the bike my itbs came off has the inj in the head so it was an obvious choice, plus they are very light coz of it, no need for extra brackets to hold the things in place
the ecu im going for uses the std loom and all of the std sensors, apart from the maf that is, it will be map instead, iv got 4 vacuum points on the itbs to feed a vacuum manifold so i can still have the brakes, fpr and map coming off that mani

dominator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  typhoon 11/10/11, 06:28 pm

go for it!
typhoon
typhoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content