UK-SSGTI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my small question topic

2 posters

Go down

my small question topic Empty my small question topic

Post  GeenIdee 26/08/11, 07:52 pm

Hey guys,

Just bought my self a 92 gti and trying to sort out the mess the previous owners made so i can get most things like the should be.

therefor i might have some small questions to you guys now and then and got this topic so i dont need to make a new one for every question i got.

So, first 2 questions.

I found a mystery switch behind the dash next to the steering column. It looks like it has original wires that go in to a original harness. And if i turn the switch on, the engine check light starts to flash. 3 times, pause, 3 times, long pause.

Is it original? If so, were is it for / what does it do?

my small question topic P8260023

my small question topic P8260021

my small question topic P8260025

Second and last question so far.

Ive got a 3-way wiper system but intermittent does not work. I am trying to diagnose the problem and read about a intermittent relay in the workshop manual.

Can anyone tell me were i can find that relay? Or can someone tell me what is a common fail with this problem?

Thanks so far!

kevin

GeenIdee

Back to top Go down

my small question topic Empty ??

Post  robinsonj1 27/08/11, 08:35 am

not to sure about the first one as havnt seen one of them switches on ma phase 1

the second, been lookin at the manual an it is puzzling me maself trying to locate the intermitmant relay, your best bet is to take the bits of trim off around the wiper arm around the stearing wheel
look on the manual at the colours on the wiper circuit and follow the wires and should lead you to what your looking for,

check the connections on things aswell and give them a bit of a clean, helped with ma spot lights once
robinsonj1
robinsonj1

Back to top Go down

my small question topic Empty Re: my small question topic

Post  GeenIdee 27/08/11, 10:39 am

that's the problem, manual i've got doesnt make any sence to me if i translate it to the connectors i've got on the car.

GeenIdee

Back to top Go down

my small question topic Empty Re: my small question topic

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down