UK-SSGTI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

filler in engine mounts what to use ?

3 posters

Go down

filler in engine mounts what to use ? Empty filler in engine mounts what to use ?

Post  jesseswiftgti 06/03/11, 11:08 pm

I hear you can put filler or something in your engine mounts to make them more stiff whats the best thing to use ?
jesseswiftgti
jesseswiftgti

Character sheet
first car: 5

Back to top Go down

filler in engine mounts what to use ? Empty Re: filler in engine mounts what to use ?

Post  Almondo74 07/03/11, 07:49 am

some people use sikaflex

Almondo74
Almondo74

Character sheet
first car: Swift GL

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001716634958

Back to top Go down

filler in engine mounts what to use ? Empty Re: filler in engine mounts what to use ?

Post  leachy 20/03/11, 09:18 am

i used tigerseal it worked real well 4 a while, but my mounts were floppy as fuck 2 start off with but if ur mounts are ok it should do the trick. its just u need 2 remove ur mounts and allow them 2 dry it took me a few days even with the odd blast with a heat gun

leachy

Character sheet
first car: swift gti (of course)

Back to top Go down

Post  jesseswiftgti 20/03/11, 12:59 pm

thanks, my mounts are all out so ill buy some soon my engine wont be in for about 3 weeks so i got time Smile
jesseswiftgti
jesseswiftgti

Character sheet
first car: 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down