UK-SSGTI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem on start up-please help!

+4
Almondo74
Gedis
STEVEGTI
SUZUKI ROCKS
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Problem on start up-please help! - Page 2 Empty Re: Problem on start up-please help!

Post  SUZUKI ROCKS 10/03/11, 12:36 pm

SUZUKI ROCKS
SUZUKI ROCKS

Back to top Go down

Problem on start up-please help! - Page 2 Empty Re: Problem on start up-please help!

Post  dominator 10/03/11, 06:02 pm

£16 Shocked
that site has gone straight in the favourites, but it made my pc crash so i dont know whats goin on there Suspect
looks about right, blue etc Very Happy
if the ecu says temp sensor than its defo that, i doubt you will need to clean the idle thermo now, its up to you mate

gary

dominator

Character sheet
first car: renult 5 ts (1.7!)

Back to top Go down

Post  SUZUKI ROCKS 11/03/11, 09:02 am

Cheers Gary.

Sorry about your pc mate Laughing
SUZUKI ROCKS
SUZUKI ROCKS

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator 11/03/11, 07:23 pm

no worrys mate
its fine on the site now, must`v just been a funny 5 mins
theres plenty of cheaper sensors on there for the gti aswell

have you fitted the stainless brace i made you yet?

gary

dominator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  SUZUKI ROCKS 14/03/11, 01:31 pm

dominator wrote:no worrys mate
its fine on the site now, must`v just been a funny 5 mins
theres plenty of cheaper sensors on there for the gti aswell

have you fitted the stainless brace i made you yet?

gary

Do yo mean other sensors for our cars or the one i need cheeper then the one i found? Havent had a good look on the site yet.

As for the brace, I havent got it on the car yet but i have checked it fits and all is fine. Very Happy

The reason it aint on the car yet is a bit stupid really. Since you made it for me there have been quite a few shitty little things wrong with the car. This start problem, Leaking master cylinder/spongy brakes and a creaking noise from the rear suspention to name but a few Mad Crying or Very sad
When i get new bits for the car i dont like to fit them(especially if there shiny Cool ) if theres a problem with her. It kind of feels like putting on dirty socks when you've just had a bath! Laughing (Or should that be the other way around!?) But you get my drift.

Having said that i reckon im just gonna fit it soon cous i dought i'll get all the gti's nigles fixed for a long time yet Sad Time/Money)

Thanks again mate. By the way, im prob gonna pm you soon with another request but not till my finances are healthier Rolling Eyes

Thanks again.
SUZUKI ROCKS
SUZUKI ROCKS

Back to top Go down

Post  hobo 14/03/11, 07:01 pm

It kind of feels like putting on dirty socks when you've just had a bath! lol
hobo
hobo

Character sheet
first car: 5

Back to top Go down

Post  SUZUKI ROCKS 16/03/11, 10:38 am

Gary, 2 questions mate as you've chaned the WTS.

1- Did you have to drain the coolant first, or is it high enough on the block to not need to get the water out?

2 - Does the WTS have a gasket? I ordered one from that web site yesterday and the fella said he thought it didnt need a gasket, only a washer but he wasnt sure!

Buy the way, this http://www.ignitioncarparts.co.uk/PartDetails.aspx?s_pc=ICP-WTS3226&s_vid=
is th eright one for the gti. Even has the genuine suzuki part number for refrence!
Good site Very Happy

Thanks mate
Can
SUZUKI ROCKS
SUZUKI ROCKS

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator 16/03/11, 11:45 am

i drained it just to be sure and just reused the fluids, anti freeze aint cheap, you will have to bleed the system after you`v fitted it anyway so why not

the gasket is the washer if you catch my drift
dont do it up to tight, just a pinch will do, i think there is a torque setting in the manual

gary

dominator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  SUZUKI ROCKS 16/03/11, 08:08 pm

Cheers mate Cool
SUZUKI ROCKS
SUZUKI ROCKS

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2