UK-SSGTI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can someone help me set some wiring issues right for me please

2 posters

Go down

can someone help me set some wiring issues right for me please Empty can someone help me set some wiring issues right for me please

Post  andy b 10/11/10, 02:34 pm

quote:

the engine loom and the chassis loom are 2 different things mate
the only thing that will need modifying is maybe the revcounter and speedo but that all depends on which gbox you will be using

Im in the middle of doing a justy do i need to change my chassis loom?

Thanks very much
Question

andy b

Back to top Go down

can someone help me set some wiring issues right for me please Empty Re: can someone help me set some wiring issues right for me please

Post  ADAM 10/11/10, 06:12 pm

Hi, i dont know 100% about the justy, but when i did my GS to GTi conversion, i had to change my chassis loom because the coil and ignitor wiring was wrong, and also the oil pressure switch wire was not correct for the gti engine.

Cheers
ADAM
ADAM
ADAM

http://www.tyrrellautomotive.com

Back to top Go down

can someone help me set some wiring issues right for me please Empty Re: can someone help me set some wiring issues right for me please

Post  andy b 11/11/10, 01:20 am

was yours a 3cyl?

andy b

Back to top Go down

Post  ADAM 11/11/10, 12:06 pm

Na mine was the 4 cyl, 1.3 SOHC 8v, same block pretty much as the GTi just different head i think is the main difference.
ADAM
ADAM

Back to top Go down

Post  andy b 12/11/10, 12:26 am

what year was your car to the gti? because i have a phase 2 engine and a 1999 justy..

andy b

Back to top Go down

Post  ADAM 12/11/10, 12:28 pm

My GS was a Mk2 Phase 2 1992 and the GTi Donor Car was a Mk2 Phase 2 1992 which was handy, (and both in white) but i still needed to change the chassis loom over becasue of the point mentioned earlier.

Here is the thread i did about the conversion, but from memory i dont think i posted the pictures up of changing the loom.

http://www.uk-ssgti.com/swift-gallery-f1/my-swift-conversion-gs-to-gti-t774.htm

With your 1999 Justy and Mk2 Phase 2 GTi I can only imagine that you will have to change the chassis loom so that it matches up with the GTi engine loom, from memory with my conversion there is only thinking about it possibly 5 plugs which go into interior loom which is just ur electric windows if fitted, electric mirrors, rear lights, rear wiper, interior lights, and your dash lights, radio, clock etc.

can someone help me set some wiring issues right for me please DSC07195
this picture above shows one of the two interior loom connections with the chassis loom down in the passenger foot well. there is one very similar on the drivers side these do the electric windows, mirrors and interior light switch i think Rolling Eyes

Over on the drivers side i beleive there is a brown connector and maybe two more biggish white block connectors which i think do the rear lights, i assume fuel pump, rear wiper and things as well as giving the dash its power where needed.

All of this is from memory so i wouldnt take it as gosple expecially as im talking about swift to swift of the same phase ect.

Im sure others that have done the justy conversion will be along to lend some advice. Fingers crossed anyway Laughing

Cheers
ADAM

ADAM
ADAM

Back to top Go down

Post  andy b 12/11/10, 02:02 pm

Thanks very much Adam, thats alot of infomation (i'll have to read it a few times) i got loads of loom from when i got the stuff off scottrod but im not sure if it has the chassis loom, like you said, fingers crossed!

andy b

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum