UK-SSGTI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Swift Conversion, GS to GTI

+7
STEVEGTI
bodieanddoyle
Almondo74
daymoon
dominator
Ryan...
ADAM
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My Swift Conversion, GS to GTI - Page 2 Empty Re: My Swift Conversion, GS to GTI

Post  STEVEGTI 12/01/11, 11:53 am

www.camskilltyres.co.uk best place for rubber
STEVEGTI
STEVEGTI
Admin

Character sheet
first car: suzuki swift gti

http://www.uk-ssgti.com

Back to top Go down

My Swift Conversion, GS to GTI - Page 2 Empty Re: My Swift Conversion, GS to GTI

Post  ADAM 12/01/11, 12:44 pm

Thats where I was looking too, only i found the Yoko's for £165 for four and free P&P else where so bought them Very Happy
ADAM
ADAM

http://www.tyrrellautomotive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jesseswiftgti 12/01/11, 03:46 pm

hey man car looks sexy ! iv just baught the same car as you a white gls but mines a 1996, i got everything to do conversion from my old gti's but thing im unsure about is the gls has power steering did you put the gti steering rack on ? what did you do ?
jesseswiftgti
jesseswiftgti

Character sheet
first car: 5

Back to top Go down

Post  ADAM 12/01/11, 05:22 pm

jesseswiftgti wrote:hey man car looks sexy ! iv just baught the same car as you a white gls but mines a 1996, i got everything to do conversion from my old gti's but thing im unsure about is the gls has power steering did you put the gti steering rack on ? what did you do ?

Cheers mate.
My car was a GS, it didnt have power steering fitted originally so im not sure about yours. I did actually fit the GTi rack to my car, (really, really simple only 5 bolts if you have already released the rod ends), the reason i changed it was becasue someone said they thought that the GTi rack is a faster rack, although both the GS and GTi racks seemed to turn the same amount lock to lock, also i couldnt undo the track rod ends properly due to rust so the easier option was to swap over. Very Happy

If i was you i would just get rid of the powersteering all together. I personally dont like power steering at the best of times and especially on a small car, i find quite a few powersteering set ups are just too light and give a vague feeling......having said that some are very good. Also its all added weight if u do keep it Laughing

Anything else you wanna ask feel free and i will try and help.

Cheers
ADAM
ADAM
ADAM

Back to top Go down

Post  jesseswiftgti 12/01/11, 07:16 pm

yeh sound man, iv taken power steering off all my honda's in the past but yeh just unsure what do to about this, i a doner car that is a phase 1 so im going to do a dash conversion, basicly everything to make the car into a phase 1, you car does look so nice though Smile
jesseswiftgti
jesseswiftgti

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  jesseswiftgti 16/01/11, 07:55 pm

hey man iv got a gs aswell that i just baught, and i wondered how you put your side skirts on as they have no mounting points on these cars ?
jesseswiftgti
jesseswiftgti

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  ADAM 16/01/11, 08:51 pm

jesseswiftgti wrote:hey man iv got a gs aswell that i just baught, and i wondered how you put your side skirts on as they have no mounting points on these cars ?
Hi Mate, the side skirts are put on my car via bolts underneath (the body shop drilled through and sealed) and i think they mentioned bonding them on too.
ADAM
ADAM

Back to top Go down

Post  jesseswiftgti 27/01/11, 12:37 am

did you put gti steering rack on ? and what about a rear anti roll bar ?
jesseswiftgti
jesseswiftgti

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  ADAM 27/01/11, 12:59 am

Yer GTi steering rack is on mine. I dont think the GS one is any different, but it was only 5 bolts (7 if you include the ones on the track rod ends) so very easy and thought i may aswell.

Rear Anti Roll Bar I fitted on tuesday. They bolt onto the rear suspension arms really easy as the holes are already there (they were on my GS anyway) the only modification that needs doing is some mounts need welding onto the underside of the spare wheel well. I got some mounts off of Daymoon on here, although i have a feeling they may have come from dominator originally as i think ive seen some pics of them on his flicker.
ADAM
ADAM

Back to top Go down

Post  jesseswiftgti 27/01/11, 01:29 am

oh right kool man, do you think the anti roll bar made much difference ?
jesseswiftgti
jesseswiftgti

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  hobo 01/02/11, 12:06 am

have you got you paradas on yet mate?
hobo
hobo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  ADAM 01/02/11, 12:51 am

I have indeed, gunna wash it tomorrow and pictures will follow hopefully Very Happy
ADAM
ADAM

Back to top Go down

Post  hobo 01/02/11, 08:50 pm

good stuff they any good in your opinion on a swift?
hobo
hobo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  ADAM 01/02/11, 08:59 pm

They do seem pretty good, although all i have to compare them to are some 3 or 4 year old set of falkens Embarassed
ADAM
ADAM

Back to top Go down

Post  ADAM 03/02/11, 03:42 pm

New Wheels and tyres on. What do you think?

My Swift Conversion, GS to GTI - Page 2 DSC07730

My Swift Conversion, GS to GTI - Page 2 DSC07742

Cheers
ADAM
ADAM
ADAM

Back to top Go down

Post  Gedis 03/02/11, 03:57 pm

Looking good Smile

Gedis

Back to top Go down

Post  Almondo74 03/02/11, 04:34 pm

looks nice, apart from the laguna splitter or what eva it is i think it looks kak tbh.
Almondo74
Almondo74

Character sheet
first car: Swift GL

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001716634958

Back to top Go down

Post  hobo 03/02/11, 06:52 pm

looks sweet well done you changed your mind on white on white?
hobo
hobo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  ADAM 03/02/11, 06:59 pm

Cheers for the comments guys.

Almondo - Yer its a laguna splitter. I quite like it, think it lowers down the front of the car and gives it a bit more presence. although i would really like a proper suzuki splitter.

hobo - Yer i went for it, I had bought the wheels a fair while ago but was never 100% convinced, put them on with the thought that if i didnt like it, i could always powder coat them, but now there on think it looks pretty good really.
ADAM
ADAM

Back to top Go down

Post  Stefan_s 03/02/11, 09:14 pm

Looks nice but would look better with colour coded mirrors and door handles Very Happy
Stefan_s
Stefan_s

Back to top Go down

Post  jesseswiftgti 05/02/11, 06:11 pm

love it man just dont like the spliter either wheels look amazing Very Happy
jesseswiftgti
jesseswiftgti

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  jesseswiftgti 15/02/11, 09:35 pm

hey did you use gti fuel tank? and did you have to change your handbreak cable when you put gti rear breaks on or do the gl ones work
jesseswiftgti
jesseswiftgti

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  ADAM 16/02/11, 08:22 pm

jesseswiftgti wrote:hey did you use gti fuel tank? and did you have to change your handbreak cable when you put gti rear breaks on or do the gl ones work

Nope didnt use the tank, have a GTi pump that i still need to fit but there would be no reason to change the tank, i believe they are all the same.

Handbrake cable - you have to change this as it has a different handbrake mechanism for disc's as it is for hubs. the cable has a different end to it.
ADAM
ADAM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum