UK-SSGTI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insurance Claim ?

2 posters

Go down

Insurance Claim ? Empty Insurance Claim ?

Post  IanJ 10/05/08, 03:15 pm

I was involved in a minor accident a few months back i was indicating to turn off a main road and someone came from behind a traffic calming system and went past me as they did i didnt see em and scraped down the side of their car i was adament it was his fault for not seeing me indicating. Anyway its been going through the solicitors etc for the last 8 weeks and since then ive had to cancel my insurance because it was on a pay monthly scheme and i was TPFT paying £90 pm with 2yrs no claims i got my next bill and it had tripled to £253 i asked em how come it was so expensive they sed because id lost my ncd whilst the claim was going through and they put it down as my fault, i applealed to my solicitors and had a letter back today saying its best i settle for 50/50 i dont no exactly what this means in regards to getting my car fixed and my NCD i no that we are both responsible for it but hes had his car repaired already he was Fully Comp i want to no what happens in a 50/50 case also does anybody no any insurance companies that are fairly cheap insuring a swift gti im 20 in June and would of had 3yrs no claims ANY info on this would be grateful as i dont really understand it fully Thanks
IanJ
IanJ

Character sheet
first car: Suzuki Swift GSI

Back to top Go down

Insurance Claim ? Empty insurance

Post  streetcruiser2007 13/05/08, 12:42 pm

the 50/50 thing is like this.
they value your car say £1000
then they half it £500
then they give you what the value of scrap value is.
depending on what type of class accident it is.....
my mate had the same not to long ago and he repaired his car cheaper then wot the insurance company would of done. and ended up walking away with a cheque for £250
but your insurance company can not up your monthly payments like that during a years policy whether you pay monthly or yearly. iam 19 and have 2 years no claims and i pay £55 monthly
streetcruiser2007
streetcruiser2007

Back to top Go down

Insurance Claim ? Empty Re: Insurance Claim ?

Post  IanJ 13/05/08, 02:29 pm

K thanks mate my policy was different though had to be renewed each month wasn't an annual one who are u with then to get it so cheap thanks
IanJ
IanJ

Character sheet
first car: Suzuki Swift GSI

Back to top Go down

Insurance Claim ? Empty Re: Insurance Claim ?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum