UK-SSGTI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP PLEASE!!! Swift Gti G13b=====>>G16b conversion......

3 posters

Go down

HELP PLEASE!!! Swift Gti G13b=====>>G16b conversion...... Empty HELP PLEASE!!! Swift Gti G13b=====>>G16b conversion......

Post  AudiRedSwifty 20/10/09, 08:24 pm

Hi, i am in need of some advice....
I have a swift gti (see my pix on introduction page)
and a spare low mileage engine (around 40k g13b)
and a full turbo kit with a T3/T4 turbo (not ideal i know)
I have heard that g16b blocks can work well with the g13b heads but as far as adding the turbo kit goes i can find little info about this conversion... On low boost i am hoping to use the low comp pistons from the g16b but i need to know what other parts are needed for the conversion ie cam gears, differents pistons, head gasket, belts etc...? If anyone has any info or decent links please reply or p.m me. Any details would b a great help to my project!!! thanks! Smile
AudiRedSwifty
AudiRedSwifty

Character sheet
first car: 5

Back to top Go down

HELP PLEASE!!! Swift Gti G13b=====>>G16b conversion...... Empty Re: HELP PLEASE!!! Swift Gti G13b=====>>G16b conversion......

Post  STEVEGTI 20/10/09, 09:06 pm

hi mate its not worth you doing the conversion im afraid the g16 is a shit bottem end the rods will snap before you know it and you would need a timing belt off of a honda cant remember which one. the back engine mount needs to be modified as the engine sits higher 1600 bellhousing or modify the gti one look on teamswift there is alot of info on there. plus the hybrid engine will redline aroung 6700rpm not much fun there is alot more two it im not too familiar with this myself

steve
STEVEGTI
STEVEGTI
Admin

Character sheet
first car: suzuki swift gti

http://www.uk-ssgti.com

Back to top Go down

HELP PLEASE!!! Swift Gti G13b=====>>G16b conversion...... Empty Re: HELP PLEASE!!! Swift Gti G13b=====>>G16b conversion......

Post  stevieh6 27/10/09, 10:15 am

if your going turbo then you dont need the extra displacement, the G13b engine is awesome turbo'ed
stevieh6
stevieh6

Back to top Go down

Post  AudiRedSwifty 27/10/09, 10:37 am

hi steve, thanks for reply... can you please explain further about the displacement? I have a few talented mechanics that are willing to help but as far as the parts i need to get hold of i am unsure! Thanks for your time mate Very Happy
AudiRedSwifty
AudiRedSwifty

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  AudiRedSwifty 27/10/09, 10:45 am

i have now read up on engine displacement http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_displacement
lol
thank you, are you aware of any other parts or tips or know of anyone thats successfully turbo'ed a G13b? Any worthwhile parts that will make my car a)Better performance or more compatible with turbo
or
b)make the chassis or engine stronger
Any ideas for Gear Box? I seem to be getting through them pretty quick and its only 125 bhp n/a so far... Surprised
AudiRedSwifty
AudiRedSwifty

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  STEVEGTI 27/10/09, 02:44 pm

search and you will find regarding the gear box. the single and best mod you will do is a aftermarket ecu.

emerald
haltech
adaptronic
motec [big money]
STEVEGTI
STEVEGTI
Admin

Character sheet
first car: suzuki swift gti

http://www.uk-ssgti.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stevieh6 28/10/09, 03:09 pm

Yes mine is turbo'ed and is crazy fun. I think to begin with you should invest in a stand alone ECU and a set of either forged low compression pistons or what i use, vitara pistons.

To strengthen the chassis I use a top strut brace, an underneith 'H' brace, and have a bar welded across the rear struts. You could also go all out and get a roll cage.
stevieh6
stevieh6

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum