UK-SSGTI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

shock absorbers

4 posters

Go down

shock absorbers Empty shock absorbers

Post  simswift 20/08/09, 08:10 pm

Someone told me suzuki use the same shocks throughout the swift range; 1.0, 1.3 8v, gti etc and use different springs for gti. Is this true ? My front shocks are a bit ropey and Ive got hold of some off a s reg standard swift cheap, just would like someone to confirm this before I stick some lowering springs on em and use fit them on my swift

simswift

Character sheet
first car: 5

Back to top Go down

shock absorbers Empty Re: shock absorbers

Post  STEVEGTI 20/08/09, 08:48 pm

the legs are the same shocks and springs are different if im correct although ive never seen standard stuff lol

steve
STEVEGTI
STEVEGTI
Admin

Character sheet
first car: suzuki swift gti

http://www.uk-ssgti.com

Back to top Go down

Post  [GTi] 21/08/09, 01:50 am

i can tell you that they will bolt and every one i have used with lowed springs have blown apart. but they will last a few months to get you out of trouble.

[GTi]

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator 21/08/09, 07:19 pm

all of the different dampers will be matched to the type of springs
so gti dampers will be gti dampers, not 8v or 3 cyl, they might use the same casings but the internals will have different valve setups for the spring rates
thats why you should realy uprate the dampers when you put stiffer lowered springs on coz they wont be able to handle it, it might take a while but they will wear out alot quicker than with the std setup
you can get away with it more with the gti dampers as the std springs are lower and stiffer to begin with

gary

dominator

Character sheet
first car: renult 5 ts (1.7!)

Back to top Go down

shock absorbers Empty re shock absorbers

Post  simswift 21/08/09, 07:28 pm

o rite, I might hang on for a bit then til I can get hold of some konis or summit. In that case if anyone knows of anyone wanting a set of shocks and springs for a s reg 1.3 8v cheap let me know. Thanks ppl

simswift

Character sheet
first car: 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum