UK-SSGTI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the SSGti a dying breed in the UK?--( A.K.A ) The Quest for the lost SSSGti's (The extra s is explained within!)

3 posters

Go down

Is the SSGti a dying breed in the UK?--( A.K.A ) The Quest for the lost SSSGti's  (The extra s is explained within!) Empty Is the SSGti a dying breed in the UK?--( A.K.A ) The Quest for the lost SSSGti's (The extra s is explained within!)

Post  JamSwift 11/07/15, 02:52 pm

After 15 yrs of SSGti ownership - all mk1's & a gap of a few yrs since ive had 1, combined with a m8 of mine selling his house & gonna buy me a car has made me yearn for another swifty. I would snap up a mk1 2 or 3 - & if its not sold in 2 weeks time i'll snap this Mk1 up -
I cant post links in this post cuz im a new member

This one on ebay atm is immaculate & a carbon copy of my 1st one -

Is the SSGti a dying breed in the UK?--( A.K.A ) The Quest for the lost SSSGti's  (The extra s is explained within!) _5710£1800 & probably worth it

So i do the usual searches - ebay, here, google - as there is only 1 for sale in the uk i thought i would try other ebays - Ireland french, dutch etc.
There are plenty - Tfft & some lovely looking examples too for cheap money. I think i may end up driving into Europe to get 1.

But I digress - Addressing the title - Is the SSGti Dying in the UK ?

Are you uk-ssgtier's aware of the number of Swift Gti's registered on the road in the U.K.?

Its no surprise I can only find 1 for sale !!

There are only 42 !

Official stats can be found here - howmanyleft(dot)co(dot)uk/vehicle/suzuki_swift_gti
i cant post the official stats link due 2 my noob status on this forum - but i'm sure this little workaround wont get me banned =)

I couldn't believe it - It's a dying sight on the U.K roads - But i think there is a glimmer of hope .... read on for my idea to repopulate the UK roads with swiftys!

Firstly ...          
>>>>>     They Are Being Stashed/Hoarded/Hidden & there is proof !      <<<<<

I noticed on the howmanyleft website that not only are there but a few on the road,
there are 187 that are SORN !!!!!  
I so hope that some kind soul reads this & get one of those Sorn Suzuki Swift Gti's out of the barn for me to cherish, polish, love & maybe buy some new boots!!!
I may start a campaign for " The Quest for the lost SSSGti's !!!! "
the extra 's' is the sorn bit lol.

JamSwift

Back to top Go down

Is the SSGti a dying breed in the UK?--( A.K.A ) The Quest for the lost SSSGti's  (The extra s is explained within!) Empty Re: Is the SSGti a dying breed in the UK?--( A.K.A ) The Quest for the lost SSSGti's (The extra s is explained within!)

Post  STEVEGTI 11/07/15, 09:58 pm

i and a few other people have 3 or 4 sorn ones that are actually scrapped they really are a dying breed its a shame
STEVEGTI
STEVEGTI
Admin

Character sheet
first car: suzuki swift gti

http://www.uk-ssgti.com

Back to top Go down

Is the SSGti a dying breed in the UK?--( A.K.A ) The Quest for the lost SSSGti's  (The extra s is explained within!) Empty Re: Is the SSGti a dying breed in the UK?--( A.K.A ) The Quest for the lost SSSGti's (The extra s is explained within!)

Post  Miniswift 11/07/15, 10:03 pm

Hi,

I know a guy with 5 mk1 Gti but he is in Ireland.
I own a mk1 Gti which has now converted to AWD using Justy running gears with a turbo! I used to own a red mk1 gti.

Like you said, mk1 Gti was most fun I used to have with. It is faster than mk2 CRX Vt I used own.
I'm building 300Bhp enigne to go with my mk1 but it is a long term project for sure.

Cheers
Atchi

Miniswift

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum