UK-SSGTI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gearbox leak

2 posters

Go down

gearbox leak Empty gearbox leak

Post  shuja 10/09/14, 05:39 pm

Hi guys
I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I fully rebuilt a gearbox for my mk2 ph2 swift gti. Unfortunately it's developed a leak. It's coming from where the gearstick joins onto the gearbox selector. Where the gearbox selector is sticking out of the gearbox that's what's leaking. I've bought a new seal but it looks like I have to open the whole gearbox to change it. Can anyone give any advice and is there another way around it?

shuja

Back to top Go down

gearbox leak Empty Re: gearbox leak

Post  dominator 10/09/14, 07:04 pm

You should be able to sort it easy, undo the bolt just behind the shaft, behind it will be the spring holding the bb that locates the position when shifting, then take off the triangle shaped cover on the other side, you can then undo the bolt and seperate the shaft you want to fix from the main shift shaft, you should be able to push the shaft right in and take off the little bracket, iff you cant take it off then you have to split the box, but if you can then just pull the shaft out and then sort it

dominator

Character sheet
first car: renult 5 ts (1.7!)

Back to top Go down

Post  shuja 10/09/14, 08:25 pm

Thanks mate. Yeah, I've got a blown up diagram and it's exactly what you said, the only.problem is the bolt holding the little bracket to the shaft I want to take out. it's got the bolt on the opposite side. If I can't flip it over than there's no way of opening it. Does anyone know for sure?

shuja

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum