UK-SSGTI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New member modifying advice - thanks

4 posters

Go down

New member modifying advice - thanks Empty New member modifying advice - thanks

Post  123holah 24/03/13, 03:37 pm

Hi guys fairly new to the forum but have had several swifts in the past from 1.0 3cyl to GTis and even a new swift sport.

I have had a look through the forum and ebay etc and am looking at starting to modify my swift. I have been holding off as its a phase 2 with only 50k on the clock from new and one previous lady owner! I was in two minds as to leave it standard and just tidy the few bits as it even has the original steels and hubcaps.

To modify it, it will have to be done in stages due to the usual restraint of money! Is the K&N 57 kit any good or should I try looking elsewhere? Im not expecting 20 bhp gains but is it noticeable, if not in terms of power but throttle response? Does anyone reccomend any other options. Also i cant seem to find anyone who lists exhausts for the GTi again does anyone have any ideas where to look or is a custom route better? I dont want anything silly loud (my last GTi has a powerflow on it and it was deafening!) I know im not doing anything radical but its the obvious starting point.

All help and advice welcomed. Cheers Chris.
123holah
123holah

Character sheet
first car: 5

Back to top Go down

New member modifying advice - thanks Empty Re: New member modifying advice - thanks

Post  Almondo74 24/03/13, 08:56 pm

welcome

im assuming you have a gti now.

personally i made my own intake pipe, adapter and bracket to remove the rubber flexi from the intake, sounds alot better at least lol.

New member modifying advice - thanks DSCF3360-1

Try contacting janspeed they used to make gti exhausts and manifolds not sure if they still do on request.

Ross
Almondo74
Almondo74

Character sheet
first car: Swift GL

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001716634958

Back to top Go down

New member modifying advice - thanks Empty Re: New member modifying advice - thanks

Post  STEVEGTI 24/03/13, 09:42 pm

don bother with a bolt on k&n make your own as almondo has use the filter by all means i found with my various insuction kits back in the day 2.5" pipeing down to the front of the bumper were the original air box extra box bit sits

for the exhaust/headers would have to be custom these days or wait for one to pop up on ebay i can recomend solidfabrications in orpington very good work

after them basic mods one of garndis group A chips will raise the rev limit and it does seem to improve response some what

you should see 110-115bhp at the flywheel on most dynos

after than if you wanna spend more money a cultus inlet manifold from the jdm swift and a set of cams cat cams cultus etc is were you could go but a proper aftermarket ecu is needed to make the most out of them
STEVEGTI
STEVEGTI
Admin

Character sheet
first car: suzuki swift gti

http://www.uk-ssgti.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator 25/03/13, 07:10 am

Personaly, I wouldnt bother with any of that yet
I would sort out the handling and brakes first, atleast some poly bushes, lower brace, dampers, braided hoses, better fluid and pads, then if your power hungry filter, ex, chip, cams, after that it starts getting expencive :-)
dont botther fitting a chip till the cams are in coz its just a waste of fuel and sometimes an emitions mot faliure

dominator

Character sheet
first car: renult 5 ts (1.7!)

Back to top Go down

Post  123holah 31/03/13, 08:17 pm

Hi, Thanks for the replys guys. It is indeed a GTi (will post some pictures sometime).

I should have said I have already ordered some Apex lowering springs, Drilled and grooved discs, EBC pads, Braided hoses and uprated brake fluid! I am more bothered by the handeling as I have had 300bhp audis etc before so i haven't got the swift for outright power i just love the way it drives! I also have some ITR alloys and OZ Chronos depending on my mood

I have one of the uprated chips but dont want to fit it without an induction kit and at least a decat to feel the power.

OMP upper braces are also on the list to improve the handling so will probably buy those soon.

looked at bigger throttle bodies etc and the JDM inlet and will just see as i dont want to get too carried away (though this will probably happen Rolling Eyes ) i will look at porting an polishing the head etc as well as if i wanted something loads faster I would buy that instead. Just want to open up the engine an make it rev even better!

I will contact janspeed and look into sorting my own induction kit. Thanks again.

123holah
123holah

Character sheet
first car: 5

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator 02/04/13, 01:36 pm

Im doing a run of lower 2 point braces soon, if your interested pm me

Gary

dominator

Character sheet
first car: renult 5 ts (1.7!)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum