UK-SSGTI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ALto with GTi engine

4 posters

Go down

ALto with GTi engine  Empty ALto with GTi engine

Post  Sparks 12/07/12, 09:11 pm

Hi guys ,

Well most of you would have seen me around in the technical section asking silly questions on wiring and ecu and stuff. Finally i have been able to complete my project successfully.

So let the pics do the talking and i wait to see your feedbacks. Will put up more pics of how the engine looks tomorrow.

In the mean time, can anyone tell me are there any chips available for G10B ECU's ? Basically want to increase the Rev limiter and AFR ?

I had another query, my hydraulic lifters are making a bit of a noise. I serviced them the noise reduced but not completely gone. I was wondering are there are any after market ones available ? If so any leads on the price ?

Thanks

Sparks
ALto with GTi engine  Swift_10
ALto with GTi engine  Img-2036 ALto with GTi engine  Img-2037
ALto with GTi engine  Img-2038
ALto with GTi engine  Img-2039 ALto with GTi engine  Img-2040 ALto with GTi engine  Img-2041
ALto with GTi engine  Img-2042
ALto with GTi engine  Img-2043
ALto with GTi engine  Img-2044
ALto with GTi engine  Img-2045
ALto with GTi engine  Img-2046

Sparks

Back to top Go down

ALto with GTi engine  Empty Re: ALto with GTi engine

Post  Nitro 13/07/12, 05:08 am

Ur a fucker!!!!! ;-) i i wanna do the same here in the uk. please tell me the swap is easy?? And do the gti hubs fit on rear of they got a different setup with a axle?

Thanks simon
Nitro
Nitro

Character sheet
first car: 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitro 14/07/12, 01:00 pm

Please dont leave me hanging im eaither gonna get a gls shell or one of thease as my gti shell is rotten :-( im getting my cash together and lookin to buy within the week so if pos could you let me no every little ptoblem if any that you had doin this

Thanks simon
Nitro
Nitro

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparks 16/07/12, 08:05 pm

Nitro wrote:Ur a fucker!!!!! ;-) i i wanna do the same here in the uk. please tell me the swap is easy?? And do the gti hubs fit on rear of they got a different setup with a axle?

Thanks simon

Nitro wrote:Please dont leave me hanging im eaither gonna get a gls shell or one of thease as my gti shell is rotten :-( im getting my cash together and lookin to buy within the week so if pos could you let me no every little ptoblem if any that you had doin this

Thanks simon

Hey mate sorry for the late reply. Haven't been online in a while. Well swap was not that difficult. The only difficulty was in relocation the engine mount on the right hand front. My wiring and ECU setup is different as i didn't have the complete loom so i did lots of mix match to run the engine. My hydraulic lifters are making a noise. I am using 5w30 Castrol and 3.5 litres of it. Can you suggest a good grade of oil? The climate here is between 30-45degrees in summer and goes down to about 0 degree in winter. I also had to do a bit of grinding on the front mounting to get the stock exhaust manifold inn. I have no idea about the hubs as i am have done nothing to the suspension or brakes as yet.

Regards

Sparks

Sparks

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitro 16/07/12, 08:40 pm

thanks mate, could you get a pik up of what u managed to do with the mounts so i have an idea?? and my wireing shouldent be too hard as im gonna be useing my microtech mt4 ecu and it came with loom to plug together and use.
and as for the oil mate i havent got a clue whats the best to use but im sure someone else on here will be able to help Smile
Nitro
Nitro

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparks 16/07/12, 08:46 pm

Nitro wrote:thanks mate, could you get a pik up of what u managed to do with the mounts so i have an idea?? and my wireing shouldent be too hard as im gonna be useing my microtech mt4 ecu and it came with loom to plug together and use.
and as for the oil mate i havent got a clue whats the best to use but im sure someone else on here will be able to help Smile

If you see the last pic in the pics i uploaded, you can see the grinding done on the front mounting clearly. The other one on right side i will try and get a pic of it tomorrow. Also had to reposition the O2 sensor. Had to close the existing hole and made a new hole, threaded it for fitting the O2 sensor.

Sparks

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitro 16/07/12, 09:00 pm

yer there is another lot of piks of someone else who has done the conversion they hadto do the same on the front mount, ive got a big tubular mani goin on mine so i think its gonna be a snug fit
here is the other lot of piks that ive seen on the conversion.
http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Album=GESDK73H
he has alot of good piks on here will bee looking thru this as i do mine Smile
Nitro
Nitro

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparks 16/07/12, 09:35 pm

Nitro wrote:yer there is another lot of piks of someone else who has done the conversion they hadto do the same on the front mount, ive got a big tubular mani goin on mine so i think its gonna be a snug fit
here is the other lot of piks that ive seen on the conversion.
http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Album=GESDK73H
he has alot of good piks on here will bee looking thru this as i do mine Smile

Well a few things i noticed in this website you sent me was-

1). He is using the internals of the GTI gearbox with the Alto housing, I am using the alto gearbox. Its a direct fitment without any modification. I used a Swift flywheel and swift clutch. I suggest you try the same.

2). For the front mounting, i really suggest you go my way rather than his, i have not done any welding or choping. Its a more reliable mod to do a bit of grinding on the mounting and relocating the O2 sensor.

3). For the mount on the right hand, side our cars are right hand drive. My car has an Air conditioner and the mounting is very different, i need to cut that mounting out and move it forward by 2 inches for the mounting to fit and re-weld it. I can upload a pic of that.

4). Are the Alto's their carb or MPFI ? MY car was a MPFI so i didn;t need to change the fuel pump. If yours is a carb then you'd need to get MPFI high pressure pump.

On which side do you guys have your brake boosters on ? In the link you sent, the booster is on the left of the car and in my car it is on the right of the car. If you have it on the left like the other guy then its great other wise you'd also need to either get a longer vacuum pipe. I didn't use the Fast Idle controller so i made a provision for the booster pipe to fit in their.

Sparks

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitro 16/07/12, 10:31 pm

Here there mpfi, and im going to be useing throttle bodies i also be useing the alto box as they have closer ratios than gti ;-) hopefully im gonna use as much as i can of my gti going to try and even get the dash in and use full gti loom when i get the car once ive got the funds i shall be taking piks at every point and hopefullt it wont be long befor i catch up with you. also for ur rear sus ive been looking around and there same damper setup as a citroen saxo and good spax dampers here are cheap! Just need a measurment and hope there not too long
Nitro
Nitro

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparks 16/07/12, 10:40 pm

Nitro wrote:Here there mpfi, and im going to be useing throttle bodies i also be useing the alto box as they have closer ratios than gti ;-) hopefully im gonna use as much as i can of my gti going to try and even get the dash in and use full gti loom when i get the car once ive got the funds i shall be taking piks at every point and hopefullt it wont be long befor i catch up with you. also for ur rear sus ive been looking around and there same damper setup as a citroen saxo and good spax dampers here are cheap! Just need a measurment and hope there not too long

SAme reason i used that gearbox Smile.
The problem is with front suspension than the rear. THe car tends to get lifted everytime you accelerate and change gears. So have been speaking to someone and he is telling me that we can change the oil in the front struts and go in for gas shocks on the rear. WHat do you suggest ?

Sparks

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitro 16/07/12, 11:00 pm

Well the saxo spax shocks are kypton gas ones and can get for 30/40 and get some slightly stiffer springs at the rear also to try and stop the front lifting as for the front shocks im not too sure, if you could get me the measuremens of the front shocks fully extended off the car and the rear shocks i can have a proper search befor i get mine.

Thanks simon
Nitro
Nitro

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparks 17/07/12, 09:39 am

Nitro wrote:Well the saxo spax shocks are kypton gas ones and can get for 30/40 and get some slightly stiffer springs at the rear also to try and stop the front lifting as for the front shocks im not too sure, if you could get me the measuremens of the front shocks fully extended off the car and the rear shocks i can have a proper search befor i get mine.

Thanks simon
\Getting mearsurements would mean i would need to open the suspension to do that and i am really pressed on time to do anything at the moment. I am thinking if i could use Esteem 1.6 injectors would that give me a better AFR than the ones i am using. Oh god too much too think and do. Rolling Eyes

Sparks

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator 17/07/12, 10:28 am

Gti injectors are already very high cc rate, I doubt the 1.6 will be better
Beleve me I looked very deep into this for my itbs, there are alot of cars out there with more engine cc and power but weaker cc injectors

dominator

Character sheet
first car: renult 5 ts (1.7!)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitro 17/07/12, 10:42 am

Na you wouldent hafto open them up all u would need to do is take the whole shock off the car and measure top to bottom will take about 5mins front then same for the rear. if you could get them off it would be great but if u havent got the time il just do it when i get my alto.

Thanks simon
Nitro
Nitro

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparks 18/07/12, 07:34 pm

dominator wrote:Gti injectors are already very high cc rate, I doubt the 1.6 will be better
Beleve me I looked very deep into this for my itbs, there are alot of cars out there with more engine cc and power but weaker cc injectors

I am looking for the same CC but injectors that take less load on the ECU.

Nitro wrote:Na you wouldent hafto open them up all u would need to do is take the whole shock off the car and measure top to bottom will take about 5mins front then same for the rear. if you could get them off it would be great but if u havent got the time il just do it when i get my alto.

Thanks simon

Will try and do it mate. Anyway here is a pic from under the hood. ALto with GTi engine  Img-2048

Sparks

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator 18/07/12, 08:14 pm

If the ratios are shorter how come everyone isnt using them?, I didnt even know the boxes were the same type Very Happy
Have you found any of the ratio numbers online?
wouldnt mind comparing them to gti's

dominator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparks 18/07/12, 08:42 pm

dominator wrote:If the ratios are shorter how come everyone isnt using them?, I didnt even know the boxes were the same type Very Happy
Have you found any of the ratio numbers online?
wouldnt mind comparing them to gti's

Here are the ratios -

1st 3.416
2nd 1.894
3rd 1.280
4th 0.914
5th 0.757
Final Drive Ratio: 3.7:1
Reverse Gear Ratio : 3.272

GTi ratios -

Swift GTi gear ratio are;
1st - 3.42:1
2nd - 1.895:1
3rd - 1.375:1
4th - 0.97:1
5th - 0.87:1
Final Drive is 4.1:1

Sparks

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator 18/07/12, 08:53 pm

I think the alto will be a bit longer because of the 3.7 cwp but I guess the alto is on 13" wheels so it even out a bit, if you use the gti cwp it would be even better

dominator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparks 18/07/12, 08:54 pm

dominator wrote:I think the alto will be a bit longer because of the 3.7 cwp but I guess the alto is on 13" wheels so it even out a bit, if you use the gti cwp it would be even better

The alto came in 2 options here, one with 12" rims and 13" rims i am using 12".

Sparks

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitro 18/07/12, 10:45 pm

been looking around cant beleve the difference between the wheelbase!

swift gti chassie spec
Kerb weight: 885 kg
Wheelbase: 2265 mm (89.2 in)
L/W/H: 3745/1585/1330 mm
Track(F/R) 1365/1340 mm

alto chassie spec
Kerb weight: 765 kg
Wheelbase: 1190 mm (46.9 in) (im not 100% certian but this is what ive found :/)
Track(F/R) 1335/1305 mm
L/W/H: 3465/1495/1405 mm

Simon

Nitro
Nitro

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Salto 11/02/13, 01:35 am

nice build, funny you're referring to my old alto GTi project..
how does it run with the alto gearing??

btw, alto wheelbase is longer then swift.. dont know how much.

Salto

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum