UK-SSGTI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitting Justy 4x4 running gear onto swift gti mk2 ph1

2 posters

Go down

Fitting Justy 4x4 running gear onto swift gti mk2 ph1 Empty Fitting Justy 4x4 running gear onto swift gti mk2 ph1

Post  Tim154 26/05/12, 10:02 pm

I was wondering if any one has fitted justy 4x4 running gear onto a mk2 ph1 swift Gti and if so any info would be appreciated as to what needs to be modified to make it fit. Thanks.

Tim

Tim154

Back to top Go down

Fitting Justy 4x4 running gear onto swift gti mk2 ph1 Empty Re: Fitting Justy 4x4 running gear onto swift gti mk2 ph1

Post  Miniswift 26/05/12, 10:31 pm

Hi Tim,

If you are to fit 4WD system into Swift Gti, you will need to get hold of few bits from Justy.
Fuel tank
rear boot floor panel
gearbox with running gears

This rear boot floor panel will need to take out all of spot welds from both cars and replace them with each other.
I only know 1 person actually carried out this work. He is Garndy!

If you go to Redline Gti web site, you will see his build.
I think it will be easier to get hold of Justy and transplant Gti bits into it.
Or easiest way is to buy either Sam's Justy Gti or Jimbo's blue Justy Gti.

Cheers
Atchi

Miniswift

Back to top Go down

Fitting Justy 4x4 running gear onto swift gti mk2 ph1 Empty Re: Fitting Justy 4x4 running gear onto swift gti mk2 ph1

Post  Tim154 26/05/12, 10:45 pm

That shouldn't be a problem as ive got a complete justy. I did think that it would all bolt in. Looks like quite a bit of work but as i want to keep my original swift then will give it ago. Wasnt sure if you could get away with just fitting the subframe onto the swift. Going to have a proper look at both cars tomorrow. Many thanks for that info and will have a look on redline.

Tim

Tim154

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum