UK-SSGTI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bottom end

2 posters

Go down

bottom end  Empty bottom end

Post  leachy 07/01/12, 11:05 pm

Whats the deal when doing the bottom end bearings? some people av said i will av to get the crank reground and sum 1 else said i just have to measure them and i cant just buy the bearings for a swift they would need an exact size? aint doing em for a while just wanna start to work out how much its gonna cost? also n e 1 know the best place to get bearings and rings?

leachy

Character sheet
first car: swift gti (of course)

Back to top Go down

bottom end  Empty Re: bottom end

Post  dominator 08/01/12, 01:33 am

Get a factory manual or a cd off ebay, it will tell all

dominator

Character sheet
first car: renult 5 ts (1.7!)

Back to top Go down

Post  leachy 11/01/12, 09:35 pm

has n e 1 bought the bottom end bearings and/or the piston rings from suzukird are then n e good? also looking at getting the high performance head gasket and arp head studs kit if n e 1 has n e feed bk on them would be great. yeah nice 1 gary downloaded the manual so ive got some reading to do now lol

leachy

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator 11/01/12, 11:08 pm

Dont bother with srd
Arp main studs are from a bmw, I got my acl bearings from somewhere in essex, its all on the acl site
O/e gasket is more than man enough unless your going serious turbo
I use a vitara gasket with 12-1 comp ratio with no problems, I do the studs a bit higher than standard aswell

dominator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  leachy 12/01/12, 06:26 pm

yeah i emailed that place yesterday but they havnt got bk 2 me yet, so are u saying i shouldnt get the stud kit? would i need it? or are u just saying i could get them off a bmw? if so do u know what 1? and just a gasket set from ebay or sumthing would be enough yeah? sorry for all the questions lol im just trying my hardest to learn as much as i can b4 i strip her dwn next month sort the chassis, rebuild the engine and slap on them carbs Smile

leachy

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator 12/01/12, 10:57 pm

You dont need the stud kit but the price of new o/e bolts you might aswel get the arp studs, and they are reusable
Go on team swift and search , the part numbers are on there and if you dig deep enough you should find the right amount of tourqe
Always get suzuki o/e hgasket
What you doin bout the ignition side of things with the carbs?
As im switching to itbs soon theres no point keeping my mk1 gti dizzy so its up for grabs, if your interesred pm me

dominator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum