UK-SSGTI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reliable turbo

2 posters

Go down

Reliable turbo  Empty Reliable turbo

Post  racecams 14/12/11, 10:46 am

Could someone explain the most reliable an cost effective turbo set up. I don't have very deep pockets but I'm not looking to start the turbo project till nxt summer so I could start buying for nxt year and build up all the parts. To be fitted in the summer. But I need it to be reilible. I know It won't be the most powerful set up but I just wanna upset the 106 quick silver ( dono what's been done to it. But it's quick), zetecs and the starlet round my area. I know it's been asked alot about the turbo set up but reliabity never really been mentioned. My gti will be my daily an can't afford to keep fixing it an not have a car.
Thanks in advance Smile
racecams
racecams

Back to top Go down

Reliable turbo  Empty Re: Reliable turbo

Post  swifty 15/12/11, 07:39 am

urmm what i found from mine is when u first build it etc it can be tempramental but once all the issues have been ironed out works very well i love mine, as far as reliabilty goes depends how much power you as to weather it warrents building the engine or not and millage etc but once its done either way in my opion the key to reliable would be dont do it on the cheap buy good and buy once (i no everyone says it and its hard to keep to that theory but its def worth i as do a lot of people learnt the hard way lol) and the other key factor imo would be tuning any set up with a good tune can be reliable mapping can make or brake any setup for example i had low comp turbo pistons (cast Rolling Eyes ) got a cheap/shit road map and poped it a week l8er built it again with forged pistons got it mapped again on hub dynos buy tdi international very highly recommended and its loved it since hope this helps
swifty
swifty

Back to top Go down

Post  racecams 15/12/11, 07:53 am

Yh ok thanks i deffo no what u mean about buying good stuff once. Lol. I'll get it over time an want till I'm 20, 21 lol then buy a justy an stick it all in there with rebuilt engine.

Thanks for ur time Wink
racecams
racecams

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down