UK-SSGTI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cash Reward offered (easy money i hope)

5 posters

Go down

cash Reward offered (easy money i hope) Empty cash Reward offered (easy money i hope)

Post  gtpswift 18/09/11, 04:32 pm

Ok either my hands are too big or my brain too small, probably both, But I can not find where the Front fog light relay is , is supposed to be, or wants to be on my 97 Justy.
I have the foglights and the switch, the foglight globes work, the wiring colours are right, the switch lights up when pushed, but there is no illumination. Im guessing the relay is missing...Im also guessing as suzuki made one loom that all I have to do is insert the relay...But where?is the fu..ing thing.
I have read all posts I could find on redline and teamswift too. but lots of promises and little delivery there.

20 pounds into your bank account or paypal if you can categorically tell me where on a 97 Justy this is

GTP

gtpswift

Back to top Go down

cash Reward offered (easy money i hope) Empty Re: cash Reward offered (easy money i hope)

Post  ADAM 18/09/11, 05:47 pm

Well this is the relay for the front fogs on my GS/GTI conversion.

It is located behind the dash underneath the steering wheel. You can see it if you remove the plastic trim on the dash underneath the steering column.

Hope this helps you out. I can only assume it would be in a similar place for a justy.

cash Reward offered (easy money i hope) 43be2a88

Cheers
ADAM
ADAM
ADAM

http://www.tyrrellautomotive.com

Back to top Go down

cash Reward offered (easy money i hope) Empty Re: cash Reward offered (easy money i hope)

Post  gtpswift 18/09/11, 05:56 pm

Thanks Adam but none of that looks familiar at this stage perhaps its the angle of the photo...which way is what. I spent 3 hours this afternoon with the dash apart looking...looking...looking for a blank plug, a plugged plug or just wires with the right color wires in it but no luck.
The Airbags wiring, headlight control module wiring etc is just in the way.

where do the wires in the plug go to, how many of them are there?

GTP

gtpswift

Back to top Go down

Post  hobo 18/09/11, 09:35 pm

why not just wire them into the head lights just via the fog light switch
hobo
hobo

Character sheet
first car: 5

Back to top Go down

Post  gtpswift 18/09/11, 11:18 pm

That is an option but I prefer factory If I can. And I should be able too
Failing that I will wire it up myself

GTP

gtpswift

Back to top Go down

Post  jones 19/09/11, 10:13 pm

Iv got a 96 justy And the relay is a little black one, that is found near the steering column.
jones
jones

Character sheet
first car: Mk1 swift gs

Back to top Go down

Post  InstantCustard 19/09/11, 10:24 pm

hobo wrote:why not just wire them into the head lights just via the fog light switch
Or check to see if they wired like this or similar already.

InstantCustard

Back to top Go down

Post  gtpswift 19/09/11, 10:26 pm

Sorry Jones, not helping, in mine the entire wiring loom is near the steering column, and there are about 5 little black relays, Im after the exact one and or the plug it goes into. I have power to and from the switch but not at the lights tested with a meter not globe, I believe the relay must be missing as the 97 didnt come with them, But Im sure the loom has the plug.
A clear photo would be great

GTP

gtpswift

Back to top Go down

Post  jones 19/09/11, 10:36 pm

Pm me your email address and I'll send you some picture Tomorrow when it's light
jones
jones

Character sheet
first car: Mk1 swift gs

Back to top Go down

Post  gtpswift 21/09/11, 09:31 pm

Jones is the champ
sent 5 photos of the bloody thing from all angles which I was able to determine actual loom and discovered it hiding behind the fuse box just poking out of the main loom...had to unscrew the fuse box. Bought a generic relay and some terminals and hey presto working Fog lamps...damn brighter than the headlights too.

Many thanks for all the effort.

GTP

gtpswift

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down