UK-SSGTI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i need more power from my 993cc! help!!!

+3
gtpswift
jesseswiftgti
olliekerr
7 posters

Go down

i need more power from my 993cc! help!!! Empty i need more power from my 993cc! help!!!

Post  olliekerr 08/06/11, 12:20 am

hey guys im feelin pretty suicidal about my 1L, i need more power without major money or engine transplants, any ideas?!?! thankyouu!
olliekerr
olliekerr

Back to top Go down

i need more power from my 993cc! help!!! Empty Re: i need more power from my 993cc! help!!!

Post  jesseswiftgti 08/06/11, 08:29 am

Dont really think you can do much best thing is taking weight out the car
jesseswiftgti
jesseswiftgti

Character sheet
first car: 5

Back to top Go down

i need more power from my 993cc! help!!! Empty Re: i need more power from my 993cc! help!!!

Post  olliekerr 08/06/11, 08:33 am

yepp, i have already done that, 1L can hang with most 1.4's Smile was thinking of some light engine mods or something,
olliekerr
olliekerr

Back to top Go down

Post  gtpswift 08/06/11, 09:53 am

gee this is serious, he's suicidal...better help!
to keep you alive how much money do you have to spend

Hope this message gets to you in time!

dont do it!

GTP

gtpswift

Back to top Go down

Post  olliekerr 08/06/11, 09:55 am

not alot! but i can save up, just have no idea what for :/ what are you ideas?

im sure i can hang on! Wink
olliekerr
olliekerr

Back to top Go down

Post  gtpswift 08/06/11, 10:40 am

I truly believe the cheapest option is a GTi DOHC transplant, and won’t be a waste of money for the future.
complete car for 300-400 pounds is going to cost less than a camshaft and mods to match. a cam and exhaust and ecu mods will exceed the cost of the GTi engine and prove to be less powerful and less future proof.
as for non-power mods, what size wheels do you have? you could replace the diff for a different ration to either help acceleration or top end speed but only one or the other, not sure on cost for a diff though.
you could sell it and buy a motorcycle, that would be quicker than most 1.4's too

GTP

gtpswift

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator 08/06/11, 12:05 pm

have a word with atchi (miniswift)
hes starting to develop a turbo kit for the 3cyl, not to sure how far along he is though
but i would seriously consider the gti swap
you might not find one for a long time, plus you have to take all of the labour time into account
its alot of work, but you will have a clean gti after

gary

dominator

Character sheet
first car: renult 5 ts (1.7!)

Back to top Go down

Post  Miniswift 08/06/11, 12:53 pm

Hi,

Yes, Gti swapp will be the cheapest cost wise.
How about your insurance?

Now everyone sald that cheapest option of actually carrying out swap.
Will you be able to do it yourself? If not it will cost a lot by doing this as well.

Keeping G10 enigne and modding can be expensive like JP says.
You can buy camshafts from Mike aka Suprf1y in Canada. I think you need to get rid of std exhaust manifold which has a CAT integreated.

You can fit aftermarket air filter, change camshaft, make exhuast manifold or fit turbo charger to it.
I'm making a kit but it is still long away from fitting it.
I will be making ehxaust manifold using 3 pot bike down pipe. I already have flanges cut as well so it is matter of time. If you fit it with straight through but with good back box, you should get good result.

It's all down to how far you want to go and how capable are you?

Cheers
Atchi

Miniswift

Back to top Go down

Post  olliekerr 08/06/11, 06:17 pm

yeahh i think the gti swap will be the best option, im more than capable of doing it, imi level 3 mechanic Smile
insurance is an issue if i try and buy a swift gti and run that as my daily, aviva said i need to be 21 :'( im only 18, if i had the resources and the money then i could either turbo the 1L or whatever, but i think i shall just save up, and look for a gti and engine swap! Smile
olliekerr
olliekerr

Back to top Go down

Post  STEVEGTI 08/06/11, 08:27 pm

if you want to go fast you need one or both of these 2 things

1. lots of money
2. lots of knowledge

combine them and you go really fast

but more to the topic leave the 1.0 alone

steve
STEVEGTI
STEVEGTI
Admin

Character sheet
first car: suzuki swift gti

http://www.uk-ssgti.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Almondo74 08/06/11, 09:46 pm

olliekerr wrote:
insurance is an issue if i try and buy a swift gti and run that as my daily, aviva said i need to be 21 :'( im only 18, if i had the resources and the money then i could either turbo the 1L or whatever, but i think i shall just save up, and look for a gti and engine swap! Smile

try adrian flux im sure they wud insure u aslong as u dont have loads of convictions. insured me at 19 for £600 i think.

if u do, do an engine swap, then u probably wont declare it on insurance so u might aswell not have any tbh. and if u do declare it it wud probably more than a standard gti.
Almondo74
Almondo74

Character sheet
first car: Swift GL

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001716634958

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum