UK-SSGTI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

caliper bolts???

3 posters

Go down

caliper bolts???  Empty caliper bolts???

Post  azza020191 10/05/11, 09:18 pm

alright guys, ive just started doing the brakes on my swift , had alot of trouble to just get the cailpers off but got them off in the end but the blots are knackerd front and rear the blots that hold the caliper to the brackets, can anybody help me with what bolts i need to replace these? whats the type of bolt unf?? whitworth?? i a metric guy and what size are the too ? i know where to get the bolts from just dnt know what i need to order.
Regards Aaron

azza020191

Back to top Go down

caliper bolts???  Empty Re: caliper bolts???

Post  Gedis 10/05/11, 10:11 pm

if i'm not mistaken it's M14 with 1.25 thread, i'm pretty sure almost all the bolts in a swift are metric with 1,25 thread

Gedis

Back to top Go down

Post  gtpswift 11/05/11, 08:50 am

Those will be the bracket to hub bolts?, I think the caliper to bracket are M8 1.0, (fine thread will check tonight when I get home) they have a shoulder/shank and flared head seat, which should be replicated. they are the same as standard swift and justy and GTi so perhaps a breaker

Cheers,

GTP

gtpswift

Back to top Go down

Post  azza020191 11/05/11, 05:56 pm

im on standard calipers, wanted the wilwoods but carn't get the brackets, its the bolts that bolt the caliper to the hub for both front and rear.
regards Aaron

azza020191

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down